AND ACCESS TO YOUR
Do more than deposit and withdrawal. Our Visa Debit Card and Visa Platinum Debit Card give you true convenience and access to your cash at various points of sale including online shopping. Better yet, these transactions at points of sale are usually free of charge.
Prepaid and Debit Cards
Our cards benefit individuals, Fintech Institutions and SMEs with the following services:
- Withdraw cash from ATM
- Bill payments
- Transact online
- Make payments at POS
- Pay for parking
- Card Management via Channel
Benefits of CB Cards include:
- 24/7 access
- 3D Secure enabled
- Receive debit SMS alerts
- Manage your funds accordingly
- Use of virtual cards
- Card Management via Channel
This service can be enjoyed by anyone including non-account holders. Visit your nearest branch to get one instantly
Prepaid and Debit Cards
Prepaid and Debit cards allow a customer to make payments at any Point of Sale, withdraw cash at various ATMs and make purchases on online platforms certified for transactions.
Protect Your Resources
Flexibility and access can expose you to risks such as fraud and theft. This therefore brings in the need to ensure that your Debit Card is insured against such risks. Insurance accompanying Credit Bank’s Visa Debit Cards offers you protection from undesirable and unexpected events.
At only KES 510 per year, you can have peace of mind. We provide our account holders with an insurance cover for their debit card with the following benefits:
- Replacement Charges (Lost Card Liability) Replacement costs for the card, if the card is stolen for an annual limit of up to KES 40,000
- ATM Robbery and Hijack (ATM Cash Cover) Theft through forced ATM withdrawal for an annual limit of up to KES 40,000
- Emergency Accidental Medical Expenses for an annual limit of up to KES 30,000
- Purchase Protection for any item bought through the cards for a period of up to 3 months.
- Funeral cover due to death as a result of natural causes or accidents for an annual limit of up to KES 10,000
Credit Bank Visa Debit Card FAQs
1. Where will my Visa Debit Card be accepted?
You can make purchases at any of the Visa branded outlets worldwide that accepts Visa and at any ATM worldwide where the Visa Logo is displayed.
2. How long does it take for me to get my Visa Debit Card & PIN after application?
It takes five working days to process your card on receipt of your application. Please ensure to sign your card on the provided signature stripe once you are in receipt.
3. What happens if my Visa Debit Card gets lost or stolen?
Inform Credit Bank immediately by calling us on 0709072000 / 020 2283000 and we will block your card. We also advise you to lodge a formal complaint to the police for your own protection. Ensure that you never store you card PIN after you have been issued with it. Make sure it is destroyed.
4. My Visa Debit Card was declined. Why could this be?
Your Visa Debit Card is intended to communicate directly with your Bank once swiped at the terminal
Some terminals do not actually communicate with the Bank, though it might appear that they do, and are unable to contact the bank for approval.
Under these circumstances, the transaction might be declined. If this does not reflect in any way on the status of your card or account, tell us who the retailer is and we will get in touch with them.
5. A retailer refused to accept my Visa Debit Card. Why?
There may be some instances where a merchant may ask you for another form of payment because their terminal is unable to process a transaction or because their terminal is not working.
6. How much will I be charged for using this card?
You will be charged a minimal fee as per our tariffs and guidelines.
7. How much am I allowed to use?
You are allowed to use up to the limit allowed by the bank. You should not exceed the set limit at any one time.
8. What if I would like to get a higher limit than what is allocated?
Visit the branch to have your limit enhanced by filling in the ATM/POS Limit enhancement from. This will take effect within 24 hours.
9. What if I have a dispute with a transaction on my Visa card?
Report any disputes immediately you notice any anomaly to enable us take it up with the outlet concerned. All disputed transaction should be reported to the Bank within 30 days of transaction date. Please get in touch with our customer support.
10. Other than what is on the tariff, are there any hidden charges?
No, there are no hidden charges.
11. I forgot my Personal Identification Number (PIN). How can I find out what it is?
Visit the branch to request for a PIN replacement.
12. What is EMV and how do I use My Visa Card to make a purchase?
Just like magnetic-stripe cards, EMV cards are processed for payment in two steps: card reading and transaction verification. However, with EMV cards you no longer have to master a quick, fluid card swipe in the right direction. Chip cards are read in a different way.
Instead of going to a register and swiping your card, you are going to do what is called ‘card dipping’ instead, which means inserting your card into a terminal slot and waiting for it to process.
When an EMV card is dipped, data flows between the card chip and the issuing bank to verify the card’s legitimacy and either approve or decline a transaction depending on the current position of the card and/or account.
13. Why are Visa EMV cards more secure than traditional cards?
A chip, which is that small, metallic square on your Visa card, creates a unique transaction code that cannot be used again unlike magnetic-stripe cards making them difficult to hack.
14. Will I still have to sign or enter a PIN for my card transaction
You will have to do one of those verification methods, but it depends on the verification method tied to your Visa EMV card and also on the retail outlet. Majority of the outlets will require you to verify your card transaction using a PIN.