Anywhere with Our Konnect Prepaid
Easy and Safe
Introducing Konnect Prepaid Cards
Introducing our all new Konnect Prepaid Cards. Our new cards allows you to load money conveniently and securely carry out monetary transactions at any ATM, POS Machine or Ecommerce Website. It’s a load and transact, tap and go card that you can use to shop, dine, fuel and pay for services even when travelling anywhere in the world.
- 24/7 access
- Cards are acceptable in over 150 countries worldwide
- 3D Secure enabled
- Easy card load via mobile banking, Mpesa, money transfer (EFT, RTGS), cheques or over the counter via our wide branch network
- Receive debit SMS alerts
- Ability to make online payments with the card
- The 3-D feature on the prepaid card secures your transactions through the One Time Password (OTP) sent to your phone as you transact
- Chip and PIN enabled for secure online transactions
- Manage your funds accordingly
- Use of virtual cards
- Card Management via Channel
Fees and Charges
|Type of Card||Currency||Application Cost|
|Classic Card||KES only||KES 500|
|Platinum Card||KES, USD, GBP, EUR||KES 1,000|
Konnect Prepaid Cards FAQ’S
1. What is a Konnect Prepaid Card?
The Konnect Prepaid Card is an excellent alternative banking card that allows you to load money into the card to conveniently and securely carry out monetary transactions at any ATM, POS Machine, or e-commerce website. It is a payment option for customers who do not necessarily have bank accounts and rely on cash to make payments.
2. What are the benefits of Credit Bank Konnect Prepaid Cards?
i. Multicurrency: You can transact in USD,GBP, EUR, KES
ii. Easy Access to funds
iv. Safety and Security
3. Where can I load my card?
i. At any Credit bank Branch Countrywide
ii. Through Mpesa Paybill Number 7146883 in KES currency
4. Where can I use my Konnect Prepaid Card?
i. Retail Stores (shopping)
ii. Online (for Online Transactions)
iii. Hotel and entertainment joints
iv. Healthcare Facilities
v. Fuel Stations
vi. Visa branded ATMs
5. Do I need to be a Credit Bank account holder to apply for the Konnect Prepaid Card?
No, the card is available to both Credit Bank account holders and non-Credit Bank account holders.
6. How do I apply the Konnect Prepaid Card?
Through the banks website or by visiting any of our branches countrywide.
7. What do I require to apply for the Konnect Prepaid Card?
i. If you do not have an account with us, you are required to fill in an application form and have an identification card or a valid passport (in the case of a foreigner).
ii. For existing bank account holders, fill in the application form.
8. Are there any charges when applying for the card?
The application fee for Classic Cards is KES 500 and KES 1,000 for Platinum Cards. These fees are subject to current excise duty rates.
9. How long will it take to get the Prepaid Card after application?
The card is processed within 48 hours of application.
10. Can a foreigner get a Konnect Prepaid Card?
Yes, you must have a valid passport and a current work permit.
11. Will my card still function if I travel out of the country?
Yes. The card is Visa branded and can be used in more than 200 countries worldwide.
12. Can I withdraw money from any ATM Worldwide?
Yes, any Visa branded ATM.
13. What is the validity period of the card?
14. What do I do when my card expires?
You will be required to apply for a replacement card from any Credit Bank branch countrywide.
15. How much will it cost to replace a lost card?
Classic KES 500
Platinum KES 1000
16. How much will it cost to get a new card upon expiry?
Classic KES 500
Platinum KES 1000
17. What happens to the balance in my card if it expires or gets lost?
Upon issuance of a new card, the balance is automatically transferred to the new card.
18. How do I manage my card?
The Konnect Prepaid Card can be managed on the online customer portal by clicking here
19. What functions is the customer able to perform through the online portal?
i. View card details
ii. View card statement
iii. View personal details
iv. Activate and deactivate card
20. Can I request for a new PIN incase I forget my PIN?
PIN change can be done at any Credit Bank Branch or ATM
21. Can my card PIN be reset?
Yes, you can be reset if you still remember your current PIN. Call our contact center.
22. What will I require while loading my Konnect Prepaid Card in any channel?
You will need the account number of your card
23. How do I obtain the account number of my card?
24. How soon do I get to use my money after loading?
Within 5-10 minutes
25. Is there a minimum first time loading amount?
Yes, the minimum is KES 100 to activate the card.
26. What is the maximum amount I can load the card on a daily basis?
The maximum amount is KES 500,000 per day
27. Can I load the card in another currency apart from KES?
Yes, for platinum cards, you can load Euros, Pounds and Dollars directly to the wallets.
28. How will the transactions in Euros, Pounds and Dollars be done?
The transaction will be allowed on the specific currency.
29. What will happen if the foreign currency balance is not sufficient to cover the full transaction amount?
The transaction will be paid through the KES wallet if the funds are sufficient.
30. Can I use my card for transactions with other currencies apart from USD, GBP, Euro and KES?
Yes, but the currencies will have to be converted to the currency you have set as default.
31. How do I use the web portal?
The web portal provides customers with an easy way for cardholders to view their transactions. The interface offers a quick way to register oneself via internet access. The Customer Web Portal gives the following functionality:
i. Self-registration on the portal
ii. View Card Details
iii. Enable Card
iv. Disable Card Temporarily
v. View Transaction
vi. View Statement
vii. Change Password
32. What do I do if I have misplaced my card?
i. Call the bank customer contact center through 0709 072 000 and report for blocking
ii. Log in to the online prepaid customer portal and block the card
33. What do I do if I find my Prepaid Card?
i. Visit the online prepaid customer portal to activate your card
ii. Call the bank customer contact center on 0709 072 000
34. Can I unblock a cancelled card?
i. If the card has been blocked through the bank- No
ii. If the card has been blocked through the online prepaid customer portal – Yes