Credit Bank Visa Card FAQ’sEdited on December 7, 2016
1. Where will my Visa card be accepted?
You can make purchases at any of the Visa branded outlets worldwide that accepts Visa and at any ATM worldwide where the Visa Logo is displayed.
2. How long does it take for me to get my Visa card & PIN after application?
It takes five working days to process your card on receipt of your application. Please ensure to sign your card on the provided signature stripe once you are in receipt.
3. What happens if my Visa Card gets lost or stolen?
Inform Credit Bank immediately by calling us on 0709072000 / 020 2283000 and we will block your card. We also advise you to lodge a formal complaint to the police for your own protection. Ensure that you never store you card PIN after you have been issued with it. Make sure it is destroyed.
4. My Visa card was declined. Why could this be?
Your Visa card is intended to communicate directly with your Bank once swiped at the terminal
Some terminals do not actually communicate with the Bank, though it might appear that they do, and are unable to contact the bank for approval.
Under these circumstances, the transaction might be declined. If this does not reflect in any way on the status of your card or account, tell us who the retailer is and we will get in touch with them.
5. A retailer refused to accept my Visa card. Why?
There may be some instances where a merchant may ask you for another form of payment because their terminal is unable to process a transaction or because their terminal is not working.
6. How much will I be charged for using this card?
You will be charged a minimal fee as per our tariffs and guidelines at the branch.
7. How much am I allowed to use?
You are allowed to use up to the limit allowed by the bank. You should not exceed the set limit at any one time.
8. What if I would like to get a higher limit than what is allocated?
Visit the branch to have your limit enhanced by filling in the ATM/POS Limit enhancement from. This will take effect within 24 hours.
9. What if I have a dispute with a transaction on my Visa card?
Report any disputes immediately you notice any anomaly to enable us take it up with the outlet concerned. All disputed transaction should be reported to the Bank within 30 days of transaction date. Please contact us via telephone 0709072000 / 020 2283000 and email email@example.com
10. Other than what is on the tariff, are there any hidden charges?
No, there are no hidden charges.
11. I forgot my Personal Identification Number (PIN). How can I find out what it is?
Visit the branch to request for a PIN replacement.
12. How do I use My Visa EMV card to make a purchase?
Just like magnetic-stripe cards, EMV cards are processed for payment in two steps: card reading and transaction verification. However, with EMV cards you no longer have to master a quick, fluid card swipe in the right direction. Chip cards are read in a different way.
Instead of going to a register and swiping your card, you are going to do what is called ‘card dipping’ instead, which means inserting your card into a terminal slot and waiting for it to process.
When an EMV card is dipped, data flows between the card chip and the issuing bank to verify the card’s legitimacy and either approve or decline a transaction depending on the current position of the card and/or account.
13. Why are Visa EMV cards more secure than traditional cards?
A chip, which is that small, metallic square on your Visa card, creates a unique transaction code that cannot be used again unlike magnetic-stripe cards making them difficult to hack.
14. Will I still have to sign or enter a PIN for my card transaction
You will have to do one of those verification methods, but it depends on the verification method tied to your Visa EMV card and also on the retail outlet. Majority of the outlets will require you to verify your card transaction using a PIN.
15. Card Security:
Do not disclose your PIN to third parties and do not save your PIN details with your card.Categories : Banking Solutions