CB Konnect - Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is eligible to register for CB Konnect?
Both existing and new customers, all you need is access to a phone that is connected to either Safaricom or Airtel Networks.
2. How will I access CB Konnect?
3. As an existing Credit Bank account holder, will I have to complete application forms to be registered on CB Konnect?
No, customers who are already registered on mobile banking will be migrated on 25th June 2019, while those who are not registered but hold Core Banking Accounts will perform self-registration through the platform.
4. Once migrated how will the registered customers access the platform?
Upon migration they will receive a one-time PIN via SMS.
- Dial *669# from the number registered on mobile banking.
- In put the one-time PIN received via SMS.
- Create new PIN and confirm it.
- Log in to transact.
- Download the APP from Play Store or App Store.
- Click on “get started”.
- Input the phone number registered on mobile banking.
- Allow the platform to receive and auto-sniff the verification code (this may take a couple of seconds).
- Accept terms and conditions.
- Input the one-time PIN received via SMS.
- Create and confirm new PIN.
- Log in to transact.
5. What is the validity period of the one-time PIN?
The one-time PIN is valid for 24 hours, from the time of receipt, thereafter the PIN will expire. You will need to get in touch with Contact Centre or the nearest Credit Bank branch to request for a PIN reset.
6. What should I do if I inadvertently delete the SMS or do not receive the SMS with the one-time PIN?
You will need to get in touch with Contact Centre or the nearest Credit Bank branch to request for a PIN reset.
7. How will I access CB Konnect if I have a core account, but I am not registered on mobile banking?
Download the CB Konnect App or dial *669#, and follow system prompts to self-register on CB Konnect. You will need to input your name in the same order as it appears on your National ID. Similarly, you will need to ensure that the phone number you are using to register is the same one provided to the Bank at the time of opening the account.
8. Can I register on CB Konnect if I do not have a Core Account?
9. What is a Wallet Account?
This is an account opened through CB Konnect by new customers who do not have Core Banking Accounts. Wallet Account holders have access to internal transfers, transfer to mobile money and bill payments.
10. Can I initiate a Pesalink transfer from a Wallet Account?
No, Wallet Accounts are limited to transactions within the Credit Bank ecosystem. Inter-bank transfers such as EFTs and RTGSs are not permissible to Wallet Accounts.
11. Can I open a Core Banking Account through CB Konnect?
Yes, you can open a Core Banking Account by selecting the customer requests option on USSD or the “open” tab on the App. Please note that customers who only have Wallet Accounts will need to visit the nearest branch to provide relevant documentation to complete the process of core account opening.
12. Can I use the Core Banking Account before submitting the relevant documentation?
Yes, you can make deposits to the account. Debits will only be allowed after submission of relevant documentation.
13. How do I open a Lock Savings Account through CB Konnect?
By selecting “more” on USSD and the “savings tab” on the App.
14. Can I open a Lock Savings Account if I don’t have a Core Banking Account?
Yes, you can open a Lock Savings Account if you have a Wallet Account.
15. Do I earn interest on the amount saved on my Lock Savings Account even if I don’t attain the set target?
Yes, you will earn interest on the amount saved at maturity even if the target was not attained.
16. Can I withdraw my savings before maturity?
Yes, you can withdraw your savings before maturity however, you will forfeit the interest.
17. Can business accounts be registered on CB Konnect?
In phase one of CB Konnect only business accounts with the mandate of “either to sign” shall be registered. Other mandates will be covered in the phase two release scheduled for July 2019.
18. Can saving accounts be registered on CB Konnect?
Yes, they can be registered or linked but will be limited to “view only”.
19. Can a customer link multiple accounts to CB Konnect?
Customers with multiple accounts under the same Customer ID will be able to self-link their accounts through CB Konnect. Customers who wish to link accounts operated by them under different Customer IDs will need to issue instructions through the nearest CB Branch. Please note that existing linked accounts will be migrated “as is”.
20. Do I need a smartphone to access CB Konnect?
One does not need a smartphone to access CB Konnect, it is accessible both on app and USSD, provided the SIM card dialling USSD is the one registered on mobile banking.
21. Are there any limitations on Android and IOS versions for smartphone users?
Yes, the CB Konnect App supports Android from version 5.1 and IOS from version 11.4
22. How do I check my phone operating system version?
For Android users, go to settings>about device>software info.
For IOS users, go to settings>general>about.
23. What should I do if forget the PIN I have been using to transact?
Get in touch with Contact Centre or the nearest Credit Bank branch for assistance.
24. Do I need to have a separate login PIN from the transaction PIN?
No, CB Konnect uses the same PIN for login and transaction.
25. If I change my phone number, can I still transact on CB Konnect?
Yes, you will be able to transact with the new number once you visit the nearest CB branch to update your customer data.
26. Can I still transact if I change my handset?
Yes, you will be able to transact using the new handset once you advise Contact Centre or the nearest Credit Bank branch.
27. What is new on the platform?
You can now:
- Transfer funds from M-pesa to account directly from the app or USSD (without having to access the M-pesa menu)
- Open core and wallet personal accounts
- Self-register for mobile banking services
- Link your own accounts
- Set up and liquidate lock savings accounts
- Pay school fees among other exciting new features
28. Is this platform secure?
Yes, some key security features include:
- Limitation of access through lower IOS and Android versions which are vulnerable.
- Verification of phone IMEI and IMSI.
30. How do I reach the contact Centre?
Visit the get in touch page